The California Franchise Tax Board has completely revamped its MyFTB site, with an eye toward making it more useful as well as more secure. Here is a sampling of what you can do on the new site.
– View payment history.
– View a list and images of tax returns.
– View a list and images of notices and correspondence.
– View and update contact information.
– View a list of authorized representatives (tax preparer or a tax preparer with a power of attorney) and manage who can access your account.
– File a power of attorney (POA).
– Chat with an FTB representative about confidential matters.
– Send a secure message with attachments to FTB.
Even if you had an account before you will need to register for the new site. The registration process takes a while, since the FTB will be snail mailing a PIN number that is required to complete your registration, so best to do it now! Visit www.ftb.ca.gov/online/myacct/ for more information.